PSMA’s Postcode Boundaries dataset is the definitive set of postcodes for Australia.
Developed by Australia Post and PSMA Australia, the dataset includes:
- postcode boundaries (polygon data)
- postcode centroids (point data).
Postcodes are allocated to geographic areas to facilitate the efficient processing and delivery of mail.
What is this dataset used for?
Postcode Boundaries is used for:
- Targeted marketing – to pinpoint and verify addresses within a boundary to reduce data duplication and increase database accuracy.
- Location finder – to show internet or smartphone users services in their nearest suburb.
- Profiling – combine social, demographic, economic and environmental data with Postcode Boundaries to build profiles of suburbs and wider areas.
- Emergency response – use in conjunction with G-NAF to verify addresses for 000 calls and help reduce response times.
- Policy development – to provide a starting point for demographic and socio-economic analysis by government agencies.
Get this dataset
Contact our value-added resellers, who develop products and solutions using this data.
PSMA Partner Login
PSMA datasets are released in February, May, August and November.
Users with a commercial licence for PSMA Data can login here to request data updates.
G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries are also available from www.data.gov.au under open data terms. For more information, click here