Transport & Topography
PSMA’s Transport & Topography dataset provides a comprehensive picture of Australia’s transport infrastructure and unique topography. It includes roads, rail networks, national parks, lakes and rivers.
The dataset is underpinned by a road centreline layer of over 2.7 million kilometres of roads, together with more than 30 feature types within transport, hydrology and green space themes. It covers:
- roads – a national coverage of network roads at all levels within Australia from major highways to outback tracks, new roads and changes to current roads
- airports – all aspects of airport infrastructure within Australia, including all airports from international to local landing strips
- rail – the national rail network as well as tram lines are provided in one layer with a separate layer showing railway stations
- hydrology – major and minor water bodies such as oceans, lakes, dams, rivers and major water supply infrastructure such as pipes
- green space – recreational parks as well as national parks, golf courses, botanical gardens and other reserves.
What is this dataset used for?
Transport & Topography is used for:
- Better service delivery – to undertake service delivery analysis including remoteness indexing and service centre location placement.
- Emergency management – authoritative national information about highways, main roads, coastlines, major drainage, railway line and key locality points is critical to emergency response planning, management and delivery.
Get this dataset
Contact our value added resellers, who develop products and solutions using this data.
PSMA Partner Login
PSMA datasets are released in February, May, August and November.
Users with a commercial licence for PSMA Data can login here to request data updates.
G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries are also available from www.data.gov.au under open data terms. For more information, click here