The Transport & Topography dataset provides a comprehensive picture of Australia's transport infrastructure and unique topography.
The Transport and Topography dataset is underpinned by a road centreline layer of over 2.7 million kilometres of roads, together with more than 30 feature types within transport, hydrology and green space themes. The Transport theme provides data that covers the following infrastructure:
- Roads - a national coverage of network roads at all levels within Australia. Everything from major highways to outback tracks, new roads and changes to current roads.
- Airports - all aspects of airport infrastructure within Australia, including all airports from international to local landing strips.
- Rail - the national rail network as well as tram lines are provided in one layer with a separate layer showing railway stations.
The Topography component has two themes:
- Hydrology - major and minor water bodies such as oceans, lakes, dams, rivers and major water supply infrastructure such as pipes.
- Green space - recreational parks as well as national parks, golf courses, botanical gardens and other reserves.
Better service delivery
Many organisations rely on geographical information for the delivery of effective and efficient services. Organisations can use Transport & Topography to undertake service delivery analysis including remoteness indexing and service centre location placement.
Authoritative national information about highways, main roads, coastlines, major drainage, railway line and key locality points is critical to emergency response planning, management and delivery.
PSMA Partner Login
PSMA datasets are released in February, May, August and November.
Users with a commercial licence for PSMA Data can login here to request data updates.
G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries are also available from www.data.gov.au under open data terms. For more information, click here