PSMA's Land Tenure consists of more than 8.7 million classified land parcels covering significant areas of Australia.
It helps organisations make land management decisions based on land ownership.
Data is sourced from land authorities within state and territory governments and standardised into four levels of tenure classification. The data is also aligned to cadastral parcel identifiers using CadLite.
What is this dataset used for?
Land Tenure is used for:
- management of native title, environmental assets and heritage protection
- defence and disaster management
- infrastructure planning
- extended statistical analysis of land tenure data
- detailed operational and strategic planning
- enhanced property development planning
- identification of land ownership, particularly Crown or Indigenous land
- access to detailed reserve classifications, including offshore.
Get this dataset
Contact our value-added resellers, who develop products and solutions using this data.
PSMA Partner Login
PSMA datasets are released in February, May, August and November.
Users with a commercial licence for PSMA Data can login here to request data updates.
G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries are also available from www.data.gov.au under open data terms. For more information, click here