Land tenure is one of the key underlying influences and limitations to changes in land management. The Land Tenure dataset is for organisations that rely on the known tenure of land to inform land management decisions. Data is sourced from the land authorities within state and territory governments and standardised into a four level structure.
Land Tenure supports:
- Improved management of native title, environmental assets and heritage protection
- Defence and disaster management
- Better infrastructure planning
- Extended statistical analysis of land tenure data
- Detailed operational and strategic planning
- Enhanced property development planning
- Identification of land ownership, particularly Crown or Indigenous land
- Access to detailed reserve classifications, including offshore.
The dataset aligns land tenure classifications to cadastral parcel identifiers, requiring the use of the PSMA CadLite dataset to visualise or spatially analyse the Land Tenure dataset. The Land Tenure dataset links to CadLite through persistent CAD identifiers, making it easy to align the four levels of tenure classifications to cadastral parcels.
The Land Tenure dataset is provided through PSMA’s value added resellers. Our resellers also develop products and solutions using the data.
PSMA Partner Login
PSMA datasets are released in February, May, August and November.
Users with a commercial licence for PSMA Data can login here to request data updates.
G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries are also available from www.data.gov.au under open data terms. For more information, click here