MapData Services Pty Ltd (MDS), a subsidiary of ESRI Australia (ESRI), has been developing geospatial databases and hosting online map-based applications since 1997. MDS has built an enviable reputation as a specialist in developing and using geographic information systems (GIS) and related data to solve real-world business problems. MDS designs and builds geo-applications or MDS can host and run your GIS on your behalf. Our data and services are employed by some of Australia's largest blue chip companies and in multiple government departments. Clients include Medicare, Australia Post, Woolworths, News Limited amongst many others. MDS data has powered popular internet mapping systems such as Google Maps, Google Earth and Microsoft BING maps.
MDS's capabilities provide organisations with the ability to incorporate and utilise the spatial elements in their business to gain an accelerated understanding of performance and revenue generation. This geo-enabling capability benefits the customer, either internal or external, by providing a visual awareness of what's around them, of the complex relationships that exist between information within the business, and a sophisticated approach that requires no increase in infrastructure. MDS's comprehensive base-mapping data provides a cohesive platform that ensures quality, currency, accuracy and flexibility that is needed by business today. In the years since MDS's foundation, our clients have seen many changes in technology and consumer demands in the online space, which has been the catalyst for new and enhanced capabilities. Our ability to be attentive and understanding of the market is reflected by the long term relationships we have with our clients.
Digital mapping data
MDS's mapping data product suite is the perfect data source for all your mapping and spatial solution needs, incorporating high-quality PSMA Australia and LINZ New Zealand source information and MDS's value-added components.
- MDS RoadNET is available in varying levels of detail, including routing attribute and geocoding options that provide users with the highest levels of street network coverage which is being constantly updated and maintained
- G-NAF / NZ Address points
- CADLite / NZ Cadastral Parcels
- Comprehensive administrative boundaries, including MDS's Suburb/locality boundaries and MDS Post Code boundaries
- MDS Points of Interest
- MDS flagship QuickLocate geocoder, for either desktop or server-deployed geocoding applications
- MDS Foundation Map provides a raster tile backdrop for all popular GIS environments, enabling you to focus on the information you wish to display.
How PSMA data is used
MDS online technology is available via web services and APIs, allowing you to build your own applications. Maps, geocodes, street routes and multi waypoints are available. Base-map data is updated on a quarterly basis, providing you with all the best quality mapping data, seamlessly updated. MDS's web services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are hosted at MDS's own high-availability facility.
Other products and services
Other products and services in which we have used PSMA data include:
- Hosted online store/outlet locators (MDS Locator Intelligence) covering online trip or travel planners and safe driving plans for long distance transport
- Risk Frontiers Natural Hazards Risk Ratings by street address, providing "threat by peril" risk ratings for individual Australian properties
- Online geocoding and validation service using G-NAF or street centreline address ranges
- Tactician Online (demographics), territory creation and management
- GPS vehicle tracking services
- GIS-based Route Optimisation services
- Mobile phone application for use with iPhones, Smartphones and Personal Navigation Devices (PND)
- Google Enterprise Maps reseller and integrator
- Microsoft Bing Maps reseller and integrator
- Professional Services